Friday, February 19, 2010

Another day, another cycle

The cyst did not go away as hoped. It was still there at yesterday's sono. Although my estrogen was *only* 15, RE wanted to aspirate anyway since he didn't want anything to get in the way of the stims and my ovaries. MTB had planned to be out of town, only an hour away but out of town nonetheless, to call on a couple of practices. He's been pretty stressed since bringing on a new employee. Luckily for us, his parents were driving through town to attend a function in San Antonio, and they stayed the night last night. Mother-in-law stayed home w ARB and Father-in-law drove me to the hospital for the procedure. We arrived, I went under, woke up and headed home less than 3 hours later. Within the hour, they continued their journey and it was just me and ARB alone again.

This is really starting to get to me, and I wish this loneliness would just go away. For IVF#1, MTB was right there every single step of the way, but with each subsequent procedure, he becomes less and less involved. I know it's partly just a function of him being the sole bread winner and self-employed, but still, I am selfish and need him to be around to hold my hand. This sucks.

Oh yeah, yesterday was cycle day 1 and officially the beginning of our third IVF. I still wonder how in the hell I got here.

Stims start Sunday.