Friday, November 13, 2009

The end of this road

I am not pregnant. I am sad, I have a headache, and I feel sick to my stomach, but I am most certainly not pregnant. I was sitting on the floor with ARB yesterday when the thought that she may never be a big sister hit me like a ton of bricks, and I started to cry. She has never seen me cry before, and she was fascinated by the tears rolling down my face. She crawled over, climbed up my arm, and touched my tears. She is amazing, and how can I be sad for long when I have this amazing little girl in my life? She and MTB are everything to me, and I am so grateful that we have each other.

We are currently trying to decide what to do next and when to do it. Initially, I was leaning toward another IVF as quickly as possible, but if I were allowed to cycle again starting with this next cycle, stims and/or retrieval would end up right about the time that MTB and I hoped to spend a week at the cabin. I'm wondering if an FET (frozen embryo transfer) would be a better option to get us through the end of the year.