Monday, November 9, 2009

The longest wait

What all of the readers of my original blog don't know is that I tested out my trigger, and I knew I was pregnant 2 days before the beta. It didn't feel right to announce anything based on the home pregnancy test especially before we announced to our families. In any case, I started testing at 8 days past egg retrieval and got a very slight positive, which only meant that my system was still showing the effects of the hCG booster shot I got the day after transfer. The test was completely negative the next day. I continued to test and at 11 days past egg retrieval, I was still holding a completely, stark white home pregnancy test. I was devastated. The next day, Memorial Day 2008, I got the first hint of a second, pink line, and it was magnificent! MTB and I celebrated by driving to some small town or another and having breakfast at the smallest, greasiest diner in Texas.

For this cycle, I tested for the first time this morning at 9 days past egg retrieval. There is a hint of a line, which only means that I could still be showing the effects of the hCG booster shot I got the day after transfer or I am pregnant. I don't know a thing, but I'll test again tomorrow and the day after and the day after that hoping that the line gets darker. The waiting really is the hardest part (to paraphrase Tom Petty) and it sucks.