Sunday, March 7, 2010

And the waiting continues

We got the call this morning. I was in the shower when MTB came in with the phone. I kinda expected him to just take the call and fill me in, but this worked out too. I guess he just didn't want to be solely responsible for asking the right questions.

The embryologist is the one who called, and he started off by saying, "you have 1, 6 celled....." My heart sank. Literally. Then he continued. As of this morning, we also have 8, 7 celled and 3, 8 celled embryos, and the embryologist suggested that they all look to be very good right now. He and RE concur that it's a good idea to hold out for a 5 day transfer. I thought that we should expect them to be 8 cells at this point, so the 7 celled embryos scared me. The embryologist suggested that 7 cells is very good for day 3 and it's even better than a 10 celled embryo since he doesn't want them to grow too fast.

I'm scared as hell that we won't get a baby out of this deal, but I'm trying to stay positive. Transfer is scheduled for Tuesday about noon-ish. In the meantime, I wait.