Thursday, March 4, 2010

Retrieval

Retrieval was this morning. I was scared out of my mind and I didn't sleep for crap last night. I was awake when the alarm went off at 4:20. We arrived at the hospital as the admitting people were arriving. I was admitted, I changed, they inserted the IV and we were off the races. They wheeled me into the OR, and someone tried to explain where to lay on the table. I interrupted them and said, "Put my butt just above the hole in the table. Yeah, I've done this before." RE knew I was stressed, and he actually came over to talk with me, about nothing really, until I fell asleep. That was sweet of him. They started the sedation, and next thing I know it was all over.

I woke up in the day-surgery recovery room with MTB, RE, the anesthesiologist, and a couple of nurses. I was shaking and stressing. All in all, we got 19 eggs of which 11 were mature. I just need a couple of good ones to make to transfer and beyond.

The embryologist came in and told MTB that he had a choice. He could go up to the lab to do the deed, or he could try in the privacy of the attached bathroom in my room. Apparently, there were 4 or 5 guys waiting in line to use the facilities upstairs in the lab so MTB opted for my room. Just like IVF#1 except then he didn't have a choice.

I go in for a sono in the morning at 9:45.

I'm currently bloated, cramping and on my second Vicodin.

I hope the fert report tomorrow is good.